Greetings. I mentioned making this on twitter and said I’d share the recipe if people were interested. I was not expecting people to be interested but here we are.
It’s a mix of a few different recipes I’ve found with my own added twist on a few things. Hopefully you enjoy. If you make it and like it, let us know on twitter. If you make it and you don’t like it…uh…blame Dusty?
1 tblspoon Coconut oil
1 Yellow Onion
Garlic (I use 4 cloves. You don’t need this many)
2 tablespoons of Curry powder
2 teaspoons of Cumin, Turmeric, Paprika.
1.5L of Vegetable Broth. (I used Chicken broth once and it was ok. Really salty)
3 Rainbow Carrots cut into small pieces
Baby Spinach (A bunch for the end)
Ginger. It says to mince it but I just tut it into squares and then into really small pieces.
1 Cup of Red Lentils
- Add the coconut oil to a cooking pot. Heat it up and then add the onion and garlic until they’re sautéed to your liking
- Add the ginger and the spices
- Add the broth and lentils and bring it to a low boil
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and carrots. Cover it and let it simmer until the potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- This is a little out of order, but before you expect the soup to be ready, add about two handfuls of baby spinach and let it wilt.
- Add salt/pepper to taste and then pour into a bowl
- Enjoy and don’t blame Shawn if it doesn’t turn out well!