HORROR WRITERS FLASH FICTION CONTEST
Prize: 1 Copy of Scrivener Writing Software, story featured on website, and feature interview with author
Word Limit: 750 words
Horror Writers is pleased to announce our new Flash Fiction Contest for December 2016. We’re open for submissions in the horror genre, 750 words or less, that push the boundaries and take risks in characterization, plot, and style.
The winner of the contest will receive one copy of the Scrivener Writing Software. In addition, the winner will have their story published on the Horror Writers website, and be featured in an author interview for the site.
Eligibility: The contest is open to entrants 18 years of age and older, worldwide. An entry can only be made by the work’s author. Entries must not have been previously published in print or online, and must be written in English. Any entry within the horror genre is permitted except for erotica and fanfiction. Should your flash fiction win a prize or be published elsewhere, please let us know so that we may remove your entry. Staff members are not eligible for participation. Any work previously submitted to Horror Writers for publication is not eligible if the piece received free edits from our team.
Judging: All submissions will be read by Horror Writers contributor Anya Novak, who will select one winner.
Format Guidelines: Due to the brief nature of flash fiction, story submissions can be pasted into the body of your email. Maximum length is 750 words, title not included. The subject line will read: Flash Fiction Contest Submission – [Story Title] – [word count]. Before you paste your submission into the email, please include:
1. Your Name (and pen name, if you have one) and preferred email address for contact. This email address will be used to conduct the interview, should your entry be chosen as the winner.
2. A brief author bio to feature on the Horror Writers website with your submission, should your entry be chosen as the winner.
Submissions: Entry is online via email. All entries are to be submitted to email@example.com. We do not accept postal entries.
- No major corrections or alterations can be made after entries have been received.
- Entry is open from December 2nd – December 20th. The current closing date is Midnight EST 20th December 2016.
- Entries are limited to one per author.
- The prize for the December Flash Fiction Contest is one copy of Scrivener Writing Software.
- The results of the competition will be announced on the Horror Writers website, and on Twitter, on December 22nd, 2016.
- Entrants retain copyright. The winning entry will be published on our site, along with an interview with the author.
Entry constitutes acceptance of all Horror Writers December Flash Fiction Contest rules, Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Policies. Entries that fail to comply with rules, terms and conditions, privacy policies and requirements will be disqualified. Judges’ decisions are final.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found by visiting here